Fakopp Microsecond Timer - A quick , light weight assessment method in the field or bench.
IDEAL FOR TREE CLIMBING INSPECTIONS
Microsecond Timer is designed to measure stress wave propagation time in trees. The signal is generated by a hammer tap on the start sensor and the unit displays the measured propagation time. By measuring the distance between the two sensors, velocity can be calculated which can be used to detect hidden decayed parts or holes between the two sensors.
The Fakopp Microsecond Timer package contains:
- Fakopp Microsecond Timer box
- Two SD02 sensors with integrated cables and BNC connectors
- Leather case
- Aluminum reference bar (44 cm long)
- User’s Manual
- USB-to-RS232 cable for PC connectivity (no RS232 port needed on the PC side)
- PC software for raw data acquisition and storage
- time resolution is +/-1.2ms,
- low power consumption, long (9V block) battery life,
- low battery indicator,
- easy to use,
- rigid transducers equipped with 60 mm long nail, integrated cable,
- RS232 communication.
Optional: Bluetooth communication for use with a ArborSonic Caliper (Not included)